Friday, April 19, 2013

Mountain climbing and sunbathing



Last weekend, some friends and I climbed Mount St Victoire, a mountain just outside of Aix that was often painted by Cezanne. It was quite a workout but really great! The path was so steep, it basically was like walking straight up the entire way, which was about 3 hours. The view from the top was beautiful though and so worth it. I definitely want to climb it again sometime!



The next day, I went to the beach in Cassis. It only took about an hour and a half to get there by bus, and it was so pretty! There are calanques at Cassis (google image search!), which I want to return to see and hike, but we just stayed on the beach all day to relax after climbing the mountain. It is so nice being this close to a beach and I am really going to miss that when I get home!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you're sharing your fun adventures with all of us. Your mom and I talk about you and your trip constantly.

    ReplyDelete